Wednesday, August 31, 2011

review - Blessy movie Pranayam

Pranayam – talks about two men and a lady who is the love of their life. And its all about who the lady loves more than anything in the whole world.

Achuta Menon, a divorcee who just recently joined his sons family in the city, one day meets the love of his life in the lift of the same building. What happens after that and what happened between them about 40 years ago is what Pranayam is all about.

The love of a husband, the sense of loss one man feels when he realizes what he lost, the feeling of a wife towards her husband, the feeling she has towards her past and the man in her past, the feeling of a mother – everything beautifully crafted by a magician like Blessy.

I just do not have words to describe the performances. Lalettan again showed us why we love him so much. A man who is half paralyzed with stroke and always in a wheelchair, the man who loves his wife even with the tiniest cell in his body is portrayed beautifully by him. Half of his body is dead. He cannot talk clearly. Half of his face is tilted. Still the sprit he has. The way he supports his wife. I doubt anyone else could have done this more beautifully.

Anupam Kher – what am I supposed to say about him? I just do not have any words. He just stole the show. His longing is visible so clearly in his face, we could feel his pain. The way he looks as Jayaprada and Lalettan when they talk or laugh with each other. His longing soo was just tangible.

Jayaprada gave a great performance as the central point of all these feelings. And man was really beautiful. (In between I was wondering – will I look at least 1% like this when I am her age? Man really great looking.) The love and devotion she shows her husband. Her feeling towards her past and the man on her past - all shown beautifully. All the other people did well too. Anoop Menon, Dhanya Mary Varghese, Vineeth (I think that is his name). The songs of the movie were also good. Only two songs I believe. Sorry I forgot because I was toooo involved in the story and the lead trio.

I am not going to talk about the positives and negatives of this movie. Nor am I going to rate this movie on a scale of 1 to 5. By the time the last scene came up on screen, I was crying. And even on the very last scene Blessy showed us who will always be the true love of Grace(Jayaprada). From this moment onwards whenever I see a butterfly, I am sure Grace, Achu and Mathews will come to my mind.

The climax was really superb. Was thinking something like that will happen but didn’t quiet expect it.

A really good job by the artist named Blessy. Hats off….. I – a wife myself, hope to share the same kind of bond of love and faith with my husband all my life.

After a long time I am happy to have seen a really good movie. Don’t miss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment